Mindfulness & Leadership Excellence Course
With Heather Stang
Call For In Office Training Options!
In a world where multi-tasking, digital distractions and continuous partial attention are the norm, it is challenging for 21st century leaders to find the time, energy and creativity to innovate. Fortunately, the practice of mindfulness – paying attention to the present moment with an attitude of open awareness – can wire your brain for leadership excellence despite the chaos.
During this four week group, you will learn simple mindfulness-based exercises that will cultivate the four fundamentals of leadership excellence: focus, clarity, creativity and compassion. Learn to lead from a place of choice, based on your values and expertise, rather than reactivity. You may also experience better health, a deeper connection with others, and a greater satisfaction with life – at work and at home.
Led by Heather Stang, former Frederick County Entrepreneur of the Year and founder of the Frederick Meditation Center, this class will explore how mindfulness techniques can make you a more effective leader while decreasing your stress and increasing your work/life satisfaction. Each week will include a period of discussion along with practice instruction and work/home exercises.
- Define mindfulness and give examples of formal and informal practices
- Discuss the benefits of practicing mindfulness for leadership excellence
- Integrate mindfulness-based techniques at work to cultivate focus, clarity, creativity and compassion
- Real Happiness At Work – Sharon Salzberg
- Finding the Space to Lead: A Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership – Janice Marturano
Register for the Mindfulness & Leadership Excellence Course