Free Guided Meditations from the Frederick Meditation Center
These free guided meditations are offered by Heather Stang, founder of the Frederick Meditation Center and author of Mindfulness & Grief.
Guided Meditation Instructions
- To get the maximum benefit from these guided meditations, find a safe, warm place where you can either sit or lay down.
- Never listen to guided meditations while driving.
- If you are under the care of a mental health professional for a dissociative disorder or PTSD, discuss your plan to use these guided meditations prior to use.
- Let others know that you are taking time out to meditate, and ask that you not be disturbed during or just after your practice. Leave all cell phones, tablets, and anything else that will distract you either turned to silent or in a completely different room.
- Remember there is no right or wrong way to enjoy these guided meditations, so just do the best you can to stay focused. If you get distracted, just say “Oh well!” and start again.
Nothing beats the support you can receive from a group of like minded meditators. Consider dropping into the weekly meditation classes at the Frederick Meditation Center, or go deeper with the Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation course offered throughout the year.