Meditation for Stress Management
Last Class for the Season is June 23rd!
Thursdays: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Through June 23rd
[Reserve Your Space]
Stress is so common it is considered to be just a part of life. Indeed stress is normal, but when it impacts your health and your mood, it is time to take action.
After all – you want it all. To be a contributing member of society and to live life fully! The good news is you are not alone, and there are proven techniques to help you balance day to day demands with your longing for a stress-free life. Work and life balance takes practice, and it pays dividends. You will feel better, be more productive, and the people you love will enjoy being around you.
The goal of this Meditation for Stress Management class is to teach you the skills and support you in creating a home practice that will give you the life you deserve. With just 20 minutes a day, you can improve how your body, mind and spirit manage your work and life stress.
Meditation for Stress Management Techniques
The types of techniques you will learn include:
- Learn to use your breath to relax your body and stop the fight-flight-freeze cycle
- Focus your mind to improve productivity and concentration
- Recognize and then tame the “add ons” – those exaggerated thoughts that are not based in reality but add to our day to day stress
- Cultivate compassion for yourself and others
- Discuss techniques to make our work and home life less stressful
Reserve Your Space
You do not need any previous meditation experience. We provide chairs, cushions, water and tea. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance, and check the schedule for holiday or travel cancellations. $10 suggested donation.