Lesson 8 Chapter 2
This week, eat at least one meal mindfully.
- When you eat, just eat. Turn off all distractions - the TV, cell phone - and put away the newspapers and books.
- See your food.
- Smell your food.
- Feel your hand lifting your food or utensil towards your mouth, and your food pass over your lips and onto your tongue.
- Taste your food as though it were the first time.
- Hear your food. Does it squish? Crunch?
- Notice your thoughts. If they take you away from your experience, or contain "add-ons," just come back to eating.
From Savor by Thich Nhat Hanh:
- Honor The Food.
- Engage all six senses.
- Serve in modest portions
- Savor small bits, and chew thoroughly.
- Eat slowly and avoid overeating.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Eat a plant-based diet, for your health and for the planet.