This week a meditation group member asked a good question: “Who is going to ring the bell when I practice alone?” After all worrying about the time is yet another distraction, and while we do learn to work with those in practice, it is nice to set the sit up for success!
Fortunately technology is supportive of your practice. Some of these sites offer downloadable meditation bells, while others are embedded on the web page. You get to select the amount of time you wish to sit.
While I do wish I could come and sit with each one of you every day and invite the meditation bell to sound at just the right time (whenever that is!), these sites offer practical alternatives:
- The Insight Meditation Center various increments – Center in Redwood City, CA
- Treeleaf Zendo (with or without heart sutra)
- Zen Timer for iPad & iPhone ($2.99)
If you have a favorite timer, please share in the comments below!
Latest posts by Heather Stang (see all)
- Equanimity & Distractions While Meditating - May 5, 2016
- Coping With Difficult Emotions: A Guided Meditation for Grief - March 7, 2016
- Book Review: Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg - February 2, 2016